Safeguarding Children at Loddon Primary Federation
Every school must have a Child Protection Policy – referred to here as the as the Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy. The aim of the policy is to ensure that our school has effective measures in place to safeguard your children from the potential risk of harm and that the safety and well-being of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of our school’s work. Having the policy in place ensures that all members of your school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the school’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Safeguarding is not just about protecting children from deliberate harm. It presents schools with a wide range of issues that they need to be prepared for.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads in the school are:
Mr Richard Burbage – Headteacher
Miss Susanna Sadd – Infant Lead
Mr Mike Harvey – Yr 5 teacher
Mrs Emma-Jane Sadler – Pastoral Support Worker