Working together, Learning together, Growing together
Safe Thoughtful Aspirational Respectful Successful
We aim to: –
- Inspire children to have a love of learning
- Enable our children to be part of our school community built on teamwork, kindness and consideration
- Ensure our children understand the importance of caring for our world
- Nurture our children to respect and care for each other
- Create a safe happy and secure learning environment
- Build a school in partnership with parents, families and the wider community.
At Loddon Primary Federation, we promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance. Through this, we have developed a strong school ethos, which is supported by positive relationships throughout the school.
We are passionate about the provision of relevant activities – both school-based and further afield in the wider community and beyond. Due to our local demographic, we recognise that appropriate measures must be taken for our pupils to attain the highest levels of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development.
At Loddon Primary Federation, we challenge opinions or behaviours that are against fundamental British values.
Through the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural provision at Loddon Primary Federation, we:
- enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence;
- enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
- encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely;
- enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and others;
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic her cultures;
- encourage respect for other people; processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.
At Loddon Primary Federation, we passionately believe that all members of the school community should develop and display positive attitudes toward the fundamental British values. The raised profile and enhanced curriculum provision, centred on the fundamental British values, will support the development of the following key areas of knowledge and understanding. Through the school’s ethos and carefully structured curriculum provision, children will develop:
- an understanding of how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process;
- an appreciation that living under the rule of law protects individual citizens and is essential for their well-being and safety;
- an understanding that there is a separation of power between the executive and the judiciary, and that while some public bodies such as the police and the army can be held to account through Parliament, others such as the courts maintain independence;
- an understanding that the freedom to choose and hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law;
- an acceptance that other people having different faiths or beliefs to oneself (or having none) should be accepted and tolerated, and should not be the cause of prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour;
- an understanding of the importance of identifying and combatting discrimination.
As a local village school, all stakeholders involved with Loddon Primary Federation, are passionate about the establishment of positive relationships with our local community, the wider British community and the global community. We firmly believe that schools have a duty of care and are responsible for educating children so that they are ready to thrive in and celebrate the cosmopolitan British society.
Working together, we will nurture
Safe, Thoughtful, Aspirational, Respectful and Successful pupils.