Mid-day Supervisory Assistant
We require a Midday Supervisory Assistant on a Monday-Thursday lunchtime at the Infant School to start on 13th November and Monday-Friday lunchtime at the Junior School School, for an immediate start. We also require relief Midday Supervisory Assistants at both the Infant and Junior Sites for 1 hour twenty minutes over lunchtimes as and when required.
Our MSAs play a key role in supporting the Aims of the School, being aware that lunch-times provide learning opportunities for our children that can be as important for them as time spent in lessons. The School Aims that the MSAs can support in particular are:
· Our children are part of a school community built on teamwork, kindness and consideration
· Our children learn to respect and care for one another
· Our children are taught in a safe, happy and secure learning environment.
· Supervision of pupils in all areas of the school, including classrooms, toilets, the dining hall and playground.
· Supervision of the movement of pupils to and from the dining hall.
· The maintenance of good behaviour of the children at all times during lunch-time, through supporting the school’s Behaviour Policy.
· Supervision of all children on the school premises at lunchtimes to ensure that all school health and safety regulations are adhered to, and providing basic first aid where necessary.
· Supervision of children in the dining hall, to ensure that a calm, friendly atmosphere is maintained.
· To encourage good eating habits, including correct use of eating implements, and to support the children in abiding to our Dining Hall Rules as and when appropriate.
· Setting up and clearing away tables and chairs, and assisting in sweeping the floor and emptying the bins at the end of lunchtime.
· General assistance in the dining hall as necessary e.g. wiping up spillages.
· Any other duties as might be reasonably delegated by the Headteacher.
For further information please speak to Liz at the Infant School or Bev at the Juniors. An application form can be downloaded here:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Children’s Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The safer recruitment policy asks that for all posts candidates complete an application form rather than sending a CV.